Mr. Lane graduated from Northern Arizona University in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy. After college, he worked for Landmark Education as a production and finance manager. He then received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Arizona and an MBA from Arizona State University.
Mr. Lane began his legal career as a prosecutor and much of his time was spent in the Vehicular Crimes unit of the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office. As part of this group, he dealt specifically with Felony DUI/DWI cases, vehicular homicide, aggravated assault and related offenses. In addition, Mr. Lane has handled a full range of cases including but not limited to: theft, identity theft, forgery, fraud, domestic violence, and drug cases.
In 2004, Mr. Lane decided that he wanted to change course and utilize his considerable criminal law experience to assist and defend individuals charged with criminal offenses. As such, he joined forces with a major criminal defense firm in the Phoenix area and defended individuals charged with crimes including domestic violence, DUI, aggravated assault resulting from DUI, drug trafficking, drug possession, weapons charges, appeals and petitions for post conviction relief.
Mr. Lane is dedicated to helping those accused of criminal offenses, including DUI, felony / extreme / aggravated DUI, forgery, probation violations, aggravated assault, robbery / theft, fraud, homicide, identity theft, domestic violence, vehicular manslaughter, drug possession / trafficking, juvenile law, and many other criminal offenses.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- DUI Defense
- Medical Marijuana
- Arizona, 2000
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- Arizona State University
- Northern Arizona University
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Philosophy
- Attacking Forensic Blood Testing in DUI Cases - Strategies that Win, Aspatore, 2015 Edition
- Effective Use of Courtroom Technology, 2011
- Handling Your First DUI Case, 2011
- Speaker, Arizona State Bar
- Speaker, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
- Speaker, James Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona
- Speaker, Apple Corporation
Honors And Awards
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer-Rated Review
- State Bar President’s Award, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member, 2007 to 2015
- Lorna E. Lockwood American Inn of Court, Member, 2006 to 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Maricopa County Attorney's Office, Deputy County Attorney, 2001 to 2003